Glory of Narasimha anushtup mantraraja
Once devas too felt afraid of death, sins and family life. They approached Praja Pati. He told them about the Narasimha Mantraraja which was “the King of all Mantras” written in Anushtup meter. With the help of this mantra, they can have victory over death. They won over all sins and also destroyed the problems of family life. So any of those who are afraid of death, sins and family life, should get themselves taught the “Narasimha Mantra” which is called “the King of Mantras” and which is written in anushtup meter. They all would win over death and win over sin as well problems due to family life.
The King of Mantras: (The following is a simple translation of the King of Mantras of Lord Narasimha and what follows is an explanation and justification of each description.)
My salutations to That Nrusimha,
Who is fierce,
Who is heroic,
Who is Maha Vishnu,
Who is burning and radiant with fire of rage,
Who has face in all directions (omnipresence),
Who is half Lion and half Man,
Who is fearful,
Who is righteous,
Who is death and deathlessness.
1. He is called “Ugra [fierce]” because with his power He creates, looks after, destroys and elevates without break and also attracts all devas, all beings, all bhoothas Hey Lord Narasimha, you who is being praised by me, please give me perennial happiness even when I am in this body which is not permanent. Let your powers kill all my enemies who are obstructing me and my life.
2. He is called “Veera [heroic]” because by his power He makes all worlds, all devas, all beings and all boothas play, and allow them to take rest and also creates, helps them grow and attracts without any break these worlds, devas, beings and boothas. He is behind every action, very capable, mountain like and one who fulfills the desires of devas. He is also the one who takes avtaras and destroys the enemies of the creation and dharma.
3. He is “Maha Vishnu”, because he pervades in all the worlds and makes all the world pervade, similar to the fatty gum that spreads in all meat, from this side to that and also from other side to this side. There is nothing in the world that is not him. He is pervading in all things in the world. He is the leader of all souls. Worship of any bhoota is His worship. He exists in all the three shining things viz. Moon, Sun and fire (16 Soma, 12 Surya and 10 vanhi kalas of mahamaaya).
4. He is called “Jwalantham [burning]”, because he makes the entire world which includes all devas, all beings and all Bhootas emit light by or with his luster and also shines in them and makes them release flames of prana. He is the one who created the world and makes it rapidly multiply. He is the one who shines because of his own luster and also makes others shine. He spreads heat throughout the world and makes the world swelter. He spreads his rays everywhere and makes them release rays. He has a personality which causes only good. He gives only that which is good and he is best.
5. He is called “Sarvatho Mukham [having faces in all directions]” because he sees everywhere without having any organs, he is able to hear every thing, he is able to go every where, he is able to attract everything, and also because he is spread everywhere and exists every where. In the beginning he was alone and he has become all these things now. Those who rule over the world came from him. In the end everything goes back and merges in him. I salute him who has faces every where, oversees everything, acts through everything and enjoys the results of everything.
6. Among all animals the most fear some and also most special is the lion. That is why lord of the multiverse took birth as Narasimha. That deathless form became the one which does good to the entire world. That is why he is called “Narasimha" [half man and half lion]”. That Maha Vishnu who has this fearsome form does not cause fear among his devotees but disable the courage of evil and menaces. He is being worshipped and praised by them. He is the one who travels all over the ground and also one who lives on the mountain top. In his form of Trivikrama, he measured all the worlds in three steps.
7. He is called "Bheeshanam [fear full]” because all the crowds of devas, men and Bhoothas and all the worlds run away fearing Him; but he is not afraid of anything. The wind blows because it is afraid of Him. The Sun rises above because he is afraid of Him. It is because of fear for Him, that the God of fire, Indra and the God of death do their work. It's the fear of him which keeps the world's in balance.
8. He is called “Bhadram [righteous]’ because he is all good things personified, because he forever shines giving good things, because he makes others shine, because he is superior and because he does very good things. Hey Devas, we have to hear with our ears about this “Bhadra”. Hey, those of you who are fit to be worshipped, we have to see with our eyes that “Bhadra”. Let us live as much as the Gods live with healthy organs and healthy bodies praising and singing glories of Him.
9. He is called “Mrutyur-amruthyum [death and deathlessness]” because just by mere thought of His devotees, he destroys death and untimely death to them. He is one who gives the knowledge of the soul and also one who gives strength. All devas bow before Him and praise Him. Let us satisfy Him by offering Him “Havish-food” (Havishyanna) through the fire sacrifice because even his shadow is nectar and he is the death which destroys death.
10. He is worshipped by the chanting of “Nama" [I salute him]”, because he is being worshipped by all devas, all those who have forsaken his world and all those who swear by "Brahma" (supreme soul) and also because the lord of the Vedas worship him saying these words. Indra, Mithra (Sun), Aryama and all other devas exist in him only.
11. "Aham" I was born before this world which is pretty and orderly. I existed even before the devas. I am the central power of that which never dies. He who gives me (in my form as food for people) in charity, becomes the one who protects the soul. If given without understanding this, I who am food, eat the one who eats. I am the one who becomes all the world and destroys it. My light is like that of a sun, who standing alone gives light to all the world.
The one who understands this attains salvation.
It is the result of high merits of one self from the many past births and that of their ancestors that the person chants and worships the supreme lord with this mantraraja. This mantra is the king of all occult system. Nothing can stand it's way. It's like the storm which can move the huge clouds, it's like the earthquake which can shred the mountain into pieces. So people should understand the importance and hierarchy of this mantra. This mantra cannot be chanted without initiation from a competent guru. Secondly one must follow all the Yama niyamas regarding it's practice as per the guru to attain best results and be safe from repercussions.
🙏 Namo Narasimha 🙏.