Sadhana selection according to astrology:
Astrology is a very handy tool in selection of devata for sadhana if there's any confusion. Ishta devata, kuladevata, sadhya devata etc.. can be easily determined from one's horoscope. The fruit of one's sadhana can also be predicted from the horoscope. Fifth house in the horoscope represents purva punya, tantra, mantra, yantra upasana etc. Ninth house represents bhagya, guru, dharma etc. Primary impetus is on fifth house while selecting an upasana or Sadhana. But, when the fifth house is badly afflicted, then one should look at ninth house for guidance.
If one's birth horoscope is available then the natal chart, transit chart should be used to determine the sadhana paddhati. If the birth horoscope is not available then one should determine through prashna patrika.
According to the influence of the planets on the fifth or ninth house in the natal chart, the seeker can opt to do the sadhana of following deities-
Following content represents the presence of planets in fifth or ninth house of the natal chart. If no planets are placed in the house then see for the lord of the zodiac in fifth or ninth house.
1. Sun - Vishnu, Shiva, Durga, Jwaladevi, Jwalamalini, Gayatri, Aditya, Swarnakarshan, Bhairav.
2. Sun Saturn, Sun Rahu - Mahakali, Tara, Sharbharaj, Neelkanth, Yama, Ugrabhairav, Kalabhairav, Cremation Bhairav.
3. Sun - Mercury, Sun-Mars - Gayatri, Saraswati, Durga worship.
4. Sun Venus - Vasudev, Matdangi, Tara, Kubera, Worship Bhairavi, Sri Vidya.
5. Sun Ketu - Chhinnamasta, Ashutosh Shiva, Aghor Shiva.
6. Sun Saturn Rahu- Pashupatastra Tantra, Mantra Maranadi Shatkarma, the person will suffer most. Worship Kali, Tara, Pratyangira, Jatveda Durga for protection.
7. Sun, Jupiter, Rahu- Baglamukhi, Bagalachamunda, Uchishta Ganapati, Veerabhadra. If Jupiter is weak then one will get siddhi by worshiping Baglamukhi, but either the siddhi will be destroyed by doing negative karmas on others, or the goddess will take it back in anger.
8. Moon - Lakshmi, Srividya Shodashi, Yakshini, Vashikaran, etc. Praying Shiva, Kameshwar should be auspicious.
9. Moon, Mars- Hanuman, Chandalini, Matangi, Shabari, Narasimha, Vanadurga, Bhairavi worship should be auspicious.
10. Moon, Mercury- Bagla, Karnapishachi, Uchchisht Chandalini Narasimha, Saraswati, Vaishnavi, Varahi, Hayagriva, Durga worship should be auspicious.
11. Moon, Jupiter- Baglamukhi, Bhuvaneshwari, Lakshmi Pitra, Kuber, Brahm, Shiva, Krishna, Rama, Dattatreya, Ajapajapa, Soham sadhana.
12. Moon, Venus- Krishna, Lakshmi, Tripurasundari, Bhuvaneshwari, Shakambhari, Yakshini, Vamana, Dattatrey tantric worship.
13. Moon Shani, Durga Tantra- Mantra Siddhi, Yakshini, Pishachi, Bhairav, Kali, Tara, worship.
14. Moon Rahu- Bhairavi, Kali, Chhinnamasta, Dhumavati, Varahi, Ugrachanda, Ganesha, Vignesh, Hayagriva, Shiva; one should also worship Mrityunjaya
15. Moon, Ketu- Hanuman, Swami Kartikeya, Chhinnamasta, Bhairav, Uchchishta Ganesh, Vasudeva, Vishnu, one should recite Gajendra Moksha Stotra.
16. Mars - Worship Hanuman, Narasimha, Bhairav, Veerabhadra, Swami Kartikeya, Durga.
17. Mars, Mercury - Baglamukhi, Bhairavi, Narasimhi, Brahmi etc. Ashtamatrika, Durga, Saraswati, Krishna, Ganapati, worship is best.
18. Mars, Jupiter- Narasimha, Hanuman, Gayatri, Vishnu, Shiva, Pitru, Yaksha, Kuber, Indra should be auspicious. Recite Shashti Devi stotra for children's concerns.
19. Mars, Venus – Vamana, Lakshmi, Kameshwari, Lalita, Bhuvaneshwari, Kamakhya, Durga, Ashtbhairav, Krishna worship are auspicious.
20. Mars, Shani- Kali, Tara, cremation ground, Sharabh, Bhairav, Mangal Chandika, Ugradevta.
21. Mars, Rahu - Worship of upadevatas, kshetrapal, worship of Bhairav, Chhinmasta, Dhumavati, Niltara.
22. Mars, Ketu- Varahi, Durga, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesh, Hanuman, and Bhairav should be auspicious.
23. Mercury- Ganesha, Durga, Vishnu, Saraswati, Gandharva worship should be auspicious. Shri Vidya and Bala will also give good results.
24. Mercury, Jupiter - Baglamukhi, Saraswati, Gayatri, Vishnu should be auspicious.
25. Mercury, Venus- Kamakhya, Kameshwari, Lakshmi, Bhairavi, Matangi, Bhuvaneshwari, Krishna worship are auspicious.
26. Mercury, Shani- Ram, Shiva, Hanuman, Uchchishta Ganapati, Yakshini Siddhi.
27. Mercury, Rahu- Pishachi Vidya, Garudi Vidya, Dhumavati, Vighnesh Ganapati, and Ashutosh Shiva.
28. Mercury, Ketu- Mrityunjaya Shiva, Ganesh, Kartikeya, Hanuman, Bhairav, Durga.
29. Jupiter - Vishnu, Shiva, perform Yagnik Karma, Baglamukhi Worship. Suppose it is in the 6th, 8th, 12th position in the horoscope; In that case, there will be a delay in the siddhi of Baglamukhi. It will help if one does Gayatri worship.
** Person with Jupiter Rahu and Jupiter Saturn Yoga will also benefit from the above deities but there will be uncertainty in getting accomplishments along with a delay.
30. Jupiter - Venus, Jupiter - Saturn, Jupiter- Mangal, Jupiter - Rahu, Jupiter - Ketu - this yoga causes a delay in sadhna or siddhi. The results are delayed due to which faith and disbelief arise in sadhna, so use guru.
31. Venus - Lakshmi, one will be the knower of the Tantra-Mantra path. Shiva, Mrityunjaya Shree Vidya, Tripura Sundari, Durga Upasana, Heramb, Ganapati, Matangi, Shakambhari, Shabri worship are auspicious.
** Venus - Saturn, Venus-Rahu, Venus -Ketu - the mind of the seeker will race towards petty accomplishments or kshudra siddhis.
32. Saturn - Sins will get destroyed by worshiping Shani. Worships of Durga, Kali, Tara, Asuri Durga, and Bhairavadi are good.
33. Saturn -Rahu, Saturn - Ketu - one goes through mental torture from nemesis, so to punish the enemies, one has to do fierce sadhanas like charnal ground practices, ugra Bhairav, smashan Kali/tara, jwalamalini, Pratyangira etc.
Sometimes, such sins and obstacles are also removed by worshiping Dhumavati, but honoring Dhumavati is not easy. After thinking carefully only one must approach her as Dhumavati is the presiding deity of obstacles and sorrows, she's the goddess of misfortune, so she must not be permanant invoked in the house. Her rituals involve everyday invocation and departure.
These are the sadhanas which one can choose. But to successfully perform these sadhanas, one must seek proper initiation and guidance from an authentic guru.
🙏 Namo Narasimha 🙏.